Ok, I am not saying people intentionally let themselves get sick……but here are a few things you should be doing each day to help fight off illness.
How we live each day dictates:
- Our energy
- Our focus
- Our longevity
- Our broad wellbeing/health
- Even, our happiness
Nobody I have ever met, likes to be sick. It means time away from friends, potentially family, no training and even time away from your business or work. Huge impacts if the illness lasts more than 24 hours. There are a few simple things that I include in my daily routine to help keep me firing on all cylinders. Note…I have had one cold in 18 months and this one I blame having only slept 3 hours in 2 days thanks to OS travel.
Now, I would encourage you to research this for yourselves, but to get you thinking….here is what I do:
- Zinc: I consume Zinc every morning and evening. Zinc is an amazingly beneficial nutrient for the immune system.
- Berries: Consume your blueberries, raspberries and strawberries. Great for Vitamin C. I have berries in my daily smoothie.
- Keep stress under control: Manage stress levels. Having constantly elevated cortisol levels is NOT OK. Long periods of stress can really impact your immune system. Keep up that meditation.
- Fasting: Now, I practice this on average 3 times a week. BUT, if I were to feel ill, I would dive into a 24 hour fast. Lots of quality water. Give that body time to rest, repair and recover.
Don’t let a cold or flu derail your progress personally and professionally. A few simple things you can do to fight off these nasties and keep going strong each day.